AEM Infinity Series 5
INFINITY SERIES 5 FEATURES
The Infinity Series 5 include all of the advanced features found in the Infinity Series 7 including the latest generation 200 MHz automotive processor that can process 400 MIPS. Airflow model-based (VE) tuning eliminates lookup of many correction tables needed in previous generation ECUs. Flex-fuel and multi-fuel capability, on-board wideband air/fuel control, map switching and knock control are included. Engine protection strategies include coolant temp, oil temp, AFR vs. MAP, intake air temp, knock and fuel pressure. Programmable drive-by-wire, variable cam timing, boost control, nitrous control and 2-wheel speed-based traction control are included. Data logging up to 64 GB via a removable USB drive is standard with logging rates up to 1 KHz per channel. The Infinity Series 5 is able to communicate with 3rd party dashes and loggers and is AEMnet enabled. All maps can be password protected. Its sealed enclosure and IP67-rated communications ports are suitable for engine bay mounting.
AEM offers a universal flying lead harness and a Plug & Pin Kit for the Infinity Series 5. Plug & Play adapter harnesses are available for select 4- and 6-cylinder applications. Please visit the Plug & Play section of the website for more information.
- Airflow model based (VE) tuning
- ECU Set Up Wizard simplifies start up
- Flex fuel compatible
- Multi fuel capable
- Drive by wire
- Variable valve control
- Multiple boost control strategies
- Nitrous control
- Wheel speed-based traction control
- Map switching (on-the-fly)
- Dual internal Lambda controllers
- Dual knock sensing circuits
- Data logging up to 64GB, up to 100 channels at 1KHz
- Outputs to 3rd party dashes and data loggers
- Industry leading data transfer speed (up to 480Mb/sec)
- Integrated engine protection strategies
- Sealed enclosure and IP67 rated comms ports
THE SERIES 5 PLATFORM
The Infinity 506 and Infinity 508 ECUs are affordable state-of-the-art engine control units designed for four- and six-cylinder racing engines (typically Infinity 506), and racing engines with up to 8 cylinders that are using high-impedance injectors (Infinity 508). A Powersports version is available for Polaris RZR 900, 1000 and XP Turbo applications (PN 30-7112). The Series 5 features a smaller footprint than the Infinity Series 7 at 5.855” x 5.55” x 1.8”, and has a single, weatherproof 80-pin connector.
The Infinity 506 is designed for racing engines with up to 6 cylinders.
The Infinity 508 is designed for high performance V8 crate engines and race engines using high impedance injectors with up to 8 cylinders. A special Powersports version is available for Polaris RZR 900, 1000 and XP Turbo applications using Plug & Play Adapter Wiring Harnesses specific to each application.
SELECTING THE RIGHT INFINITY ECU
Infinity ECU modules are designed for maximum flexibility across many types of applications. ECU modules and harnesses are sold separately for both Supported and Plug & Play applications. Choose the ideal Infinity ECU based on your application’s ignition and fuel injector output requirements using the Infinity Specifications Chart, and then choose between our available Plug & Play or Universal harnesses to create the Infinity solution that suits your specific needs.
SUPPORTED vs. PLUG & PLAY APPLICATIONS
The Infinity ECU delivers comparable tuning functionality regardless of application type. It is available for a wide variety of applications in two distinct forms:
- Infinity Supported applications refer to an engine family or cam/crank pattern for which the Infinity ECU has been tested and validated to run. However, certain ancillary vehicle systems (such as factory instrument clusters, automatic transmissions, and certain drive by wire throttles), may not be supported.
- The setup Wizard included with the InfinityTuner user interface software dramatically simplifies initial tuning configuration to help ensure successful initial startup for Supported applications.
- Wiring is required for Supported applications. AEM offers Universal wiring harnesses in several iterations and detailed application-specific wiring instructions/schematics.
Plug & Play Applications
Infinity Plug & Play applications are available for select vehicles. Plug & Play applications support a vehicle’s engine and most other ancillary vehicle systems, and include application-specific start up calibrations. The Infinity Plug & Play harness (sold separately) connects directly into the vehicle’s factory ECU harness and requires no additional wiring.
200MHz Processor and Real Time Operating System
Late model vehicle ECU’s all run on faster processors. The Infinity ECU is built around a latest-generation 32 bit floating point 200MHz automotive processor and Real Time Operating System (RTOS), which is capable of processing 400 MIPS (millions of instructions per second). By comparison, common competitive systems typically use 20MHz to 50MHz processors. To our knowledge, the Infinity ECU currently has the fastest processing speed of any aftermarket Motorsports ECU available. This allows the Infinity to do more, faster, in a more stable programming environment.
- The Infinity’s 200MHz processor and RTOS makes the Infinity more responsive, for a better driving experience
- The Infinity’s 200MHz processor and RTOS allows for more accurate ignition timing, which enables an engine to create more power
- The Infinity’s faster processor allows it to perform more computational features with no sacrifice in processing performance
- The Infinity’s RTOS ensures strategic processing with optimized load balancing. This means that tuning one feature will not affect the performance of another feature
All Infinity ECU’s come fully enabled, without the need for feature add-on purchases. Combined with AEM’s industry leading after-purchase support system, including free technical support, the Infinity is the ultimate engine control solution for both professional race teams and weekend track cars.
PROFESSIONAL TUNER TRAINING
Training for the Infinity ECU is available to professional tuners. Contact sales at AEM Performance Electronics at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 484-2322.