AEM AQ-1 OBDII Data Logger
The AQ-1 OBDII Data Logger (PN 30-2501) may be the ultimate data acquisition device for sportsman racers and track day enthusiasts with 2008-up model year vehicles! It reads and records data from a 2008-up vehicle’s OBDII port using a supplied connector on the harness, providing critical engine and chassis data with minimal wiring. Just power the unit, configure the OBDII data in the free setup software and it’s ready to start logging. It also has the ability to read and clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) from the OBDII port.
The AQ-1 OBDII Data Logger includes an onboard 3-axis accelerometer and is expandable through eight supplied analog inputs, three switched digital inputs, AEMnet CAN bus, and an RS232 serial connection. These allow you to add specific channels that may not be present on the OBDII datastream including:
- Four 0-5V analog inputs with software selectable 2.2k pull-up resistor for thermistor (temp) sensors. 0-5v examples: AFR, Boost, Boost before/after the intercooler, MAP, Exhaust Backpressure, Crankcase Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure, Clutch Pressure, Brake Pressure, Shock Travel. Thermistor examples: Air Temp, Coolant Temp, EGT, Trans Temp
- Four 0-5V/0-16.5V analog or Frequency inputs for all of the above plus RPM, Driveshaft Speed, Wheel Speed and Turbo Speed
- Three switched digital inputs for Clutch Switch, Line Lock, Nitrous Switch, Line Lock, etc.
- RS232 Serial connection for GPS, older AEM engine management systems that transmit data through serial, etc.
- AEMnet CAN bus for daisy chaining X-Series Wideband Controllers and performance gauges, 4-Channel Wideband AFR Controller and Wideband Failsafe gauges, Vehicle Dynamics Module to add GPS and gyroscope, or Infinity ECU, Series 2 or EMS-4 EMS systems (future upgrade path)
In addition to reading data from a vehicle's OBDII port, the AQ-1 OBDII Data Logger includes 8 analog input channels, 3 switched digital inputs, a serial port for GPS, an onboard 3-axis accelerometer and AEMnet CAN bus cable for daisy-chaining AEMnet equipped devices into the logger and storing all data in one file! See available AEMnet devices below.
AEMnet CANbus DEVICES SUPPORTED BY AQ-1 SOFTWARE VERSION 1.7
30-0300 X-Series Wideband UEGO AFR Gauge (LSU4.9)
30-0301 X-Series Oil/Fuel Pressure Gauge 0 to 100psi / 0 to 7bar
30-0302 X-Series Oil/Transmission/Water Temperature Gauge 100 to 300F / 40 to 150C
30-0305 X-Series EGT Gauge 0 to 1800F / 0 to 1000C
30-0306 X-Series Boost Gauge -30inHg to 35psi / -1 to 2.5bar
30-0307 X-Series Oil Pressure Gauge 0 to 150psi / 0 to 10bar
30-0308 X-Series Boost Gauge -30inHg to 60psi / -1 to 4bar
30-0309 X-Series Boost/Fuel Pressure Gauge 0 to 15psi SAE Only
30-0310 X-Series Inline Wideband UEGO AFR Controller (LSU4.9)
30-0313 X-Series GPS Speedometer Gauge 0 to 160mph / 0 to 260kph
30-2203 Vehicle Dynamics Module
30-2340 4 Channel Wideband UEGO Controller
30-4900 Wideband Failsafe Gauge
30-4911 Flex Fuel Wideband Failsafe Gauge
30-6905 Universal Programmable Engine Management System. EMS 4 (available upgrade path)
30-71XX Infinity ECU (All models and firmware, available upgrade path)
N/A Series 2 Plug & Play Engine Management System (available upgrade path)